Monday, March 14, 2011

Bread and potholder



This weekend was a comfort-oriented couple of days... I haven't been feeling 100% lately and since the weather was all in my favor (gloomy, cloudy and awesome!), I thought I'd cheer myself up by baking.... who know how I got to that thinking, but this made sense, right?


So, here I am, looking in the pantry for all the necessary ingredients to make my favorite banana bread. Sorry folks, no nuts in my bread. Oh, and of course, I used my super blender... LOVE THAT THING!
Well it turned out super yummy.... A couple of slices later and a nice big cup of hot tea, I was in Haven!


What to do next? well, hey... why not make a potholder! so I did (picture represents potholder just finished, not yet blocked).... hehe.... I had this neat little pattern for a dragonfly motif potholder, that I've been wanting to try. I ended up making 2 of the same, so I could double side it and make it thicker. The yarn used was a little too bulky (Red Heart soft), so the potholder turned out a little larger than I imagined... but I don't mind, I might use it as a trivet instead... A multi functional little dragonfly!
So, what did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment