Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cozy and warm... finished!











Well, it took some time to finish.... Not because the project was complex, but because I kept running out of yarn! Who knew finding more Lion Brand yarn would be a challenge!

I originally received the first set of skeins from my parents at Christmas, a ball of each color. Since a blanket was my project of choice, I knew I would need to get more balls....


I started with JoAnn's, got a few balls there, easy-peasy. Then, I ran out of the green... got some more, ran out again. Man, this blanket takes way more yarn than expected! LOL


Then, JoAnn's ran out too! Michael's and Beverly's didn't carry that specific color, so I got a couple of balls online. Then, I ran out AGAIN! but with only 12 rows to go (on a decrease, too... so little yarn needed).... ugh, right!


Finally, I found some again, at my trusted JoAnn's store.... Hurray! :)
Anyway.... That's my story, I'm stickin' to it, and snuggling as I do!



I think the blanket looks pretty cool, what do you think? I wanted to play with the stripes, makes them un-even and random...


It's super warm and definitely very cozy! I can't wait to take it up to the mountains and snuggle with my man on a chilly evening.... Sip some tea, watch a good movie or read something fun, like maybe some Poe.

No comments:

Post a Comment