Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cozy and warm...




My mom got me some really chunky yarn for Christmas, 1 ball of 3 different colors (dark yellow, deep green and red). I was excited, but wasn't sure what to make in this bulky weight.




Looking at the colors, it really reminded me of fall, the Sierras and spending time cozied up by a fire with a good book or watching a good movie with my honey.



So, I looked up some knitted blanket designs. Being still new to knitting, I wanted something that would look cute, but still simple. For this weight, I didn't think having a motif or complex design would really work, but I found the perfect pattern from Lion Brand (also the yarn I used): Baby Love Diagonal Blanket. It's very easy to make (and quite the popular pattern), in fact, I was thinking it would be much harder than it really is.... A diagonal design.... hmmm, must call for lots of increases and decreases and some fancy trick with needles. Haha... nope, just a simple yarn over, that's it!



I'll take better pictures when it's done, but for now, I was excited to share this much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment